Mitsubishi Electric Corporation to launch two new HV100 dual-type X-Series HVIGBT modules for higher power, efficiency and reliability in inverter systems for large industrial equipment such as railways and electric power systems. The modules achieve industry-leading dual-type 600A current ratings with 10kVrms isolation voltage, believed to be unmatched among silicon HVIGBT modules rated at 3.3kV.
- Current rating of 600A tops among high-current-density dual types with 10 kVrms isolation voltage and 3.3kV collector-emitter voltage, will help realize high-power, high-efficiency inverter systems for large industrial equipment such as electric railways and DC transmission systems.
- Seventh-generation IGBTs incorporating CSTBT and RFC diodes achieve 8.57A/cm2 power density, unsurpassed by other Si-modules (3.3kV/600A version).
- HV100 package with 10kVrms isolation voltage will help simplify insulation design in multi-level circuits for large industrial equipment.
- The terminal layout is optimized for easy paralleling and more flexible inverter configurations.
- Integration of the isolating plate and heat sink increases the thermal cycle lifetime for relatively long-term cycling of case temperatures.
- Lower thermal resistance increases power cycle life for relatively short-term cycling of chip temperatures.